Been having a hard time getting rid of filthy cockroaches roaming around your home or office? Or have you been searching the net for hours just to find the best cockroach removal tips? It is a nightmare to deal with the cockroach infestation. Aside from having an unsightly appearance, these unwanted critters could also pose several health problems as they carry germs that cause diseases. They can even trigger allergies and the worst is that they contaminate food.
Keeping our home and working place clean is one of the most effective ways to avoid cockroach infestation. Once you have them in your place, you’ll need protection from the cockroach. Dealing with them requires an effective strategy as it involves more than just merely spraying insecticides.
Simple Ways to Get Rid of Cockroaches
If you think that putting down some bait or dust can help, then you’re wrong because cockroaches can survive for two weeks without water and several months without food. The worst thing about these creatures is that they can also multiply rapidly so you can expect that your house or office will be a hopeless situation if you don’t do anything to get rid of them.
The following are effective cockroach removal tips to get rid of these filthy cockroaches once and for all.
Starve them by keeping your house clean
- Dry up stagnant water around tubs, sinks, and toilets.
- Religiously clean your kitchen, especially the areas near the refrigerator, microwave, and stove.
- Make it a habit to vacuum around the cabinet bases and corners to clean scraps of food.
- It is best to wipe down the drawers and cupboard inside with soap and water.
- Immediately clean your dirty dishes.
Kill by using cockroach removal traps and baits, aside from sprays
- Green Kill – you can get rid of them naturally by mixing boric acid with flour and water. You can place the mixture underneath stoves and in jar lids in the back of your cupboard. Just keep it out of reach of children and pets because it is dangerous.
- Bait –There are baits especially designed for cockroaches that you can buy. You can place them anywhere and the best thing about using baits is that they can be killed by ingestion or mere touch.
- Traps –cockroaches congregate in dark areas, so you can put the traps behind stoves, in cupboards and under the refrigerator and sinks. Check them daily because traps are guaranteed to work immediately. Just throw them away when they’re already full.
Hire a trusted pest professional
If you think the cockroach infestation in your place is a major one and the DIY cockroach removal tips you found online can’t effectively deal with the problem, then you should hire a trusted pest professional to help you. Aside from having the solutions for the cockroach infestation, they are also knowledgeable about the best control methods that best suit your situation.
Though it may seem an impossible task, you can get rid of these disgusting creatures for good. Cockroaches can withstand harsh environments as they can hide inside the cabinets or between small cracks in the walls, so it may seem difficult to get rid of them but with effective cockroach removal tips to deal with it, you can do it without spending much or resorting to harsh and dangerous poisons which can be harmful.
Getting rid of cockroaches can be a pain in the neck so it is better to have a protection from cockroaches. As with most problems, prevention is always the best policy so always keep your house clean to avoid cockroach infestation